Click Here to get more information!!
Working full-time at a summer camp ministry during your college or high school years is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Most likely, at no other time in your life, will you be able to take 8-10 weeks of your summer and dedicate them to ministry. It is also a unique chance to be a disciple-maker while at the same time be discipled.
Working at a camp gives you the opportunity to:
- Grow spiritually through daily saturation in God’s Word
- Impact lives for eternity
- Gain ministry experience that you will carry through your life
- Practice leadership skills
- Earn up to $3,000 Scholarship for your college education
Full-Time Counselor (must be at least 18 years old and finished one year of college)
- As a counselor you will oversee a cabin. You will have opportunities to counsel and show the love of Christ to each of your campers. You will make sure each camper is participating in each activity and be the first line for discipline. You will work with the Program Director and help assist any volunteer counselors during the various weeks.
- Helps make sure all meals run smoothly and that the camper’s dining experience is enjoyable. Tasks include refilling beverage containers, cleaning up messes, restocking the salad bar, washing dishes, etc. Dining Hall workers also help work in the Snack Shop and Camp Store on a rotation. They will also help clean the cabin restrooms and other hospitality responsibilities.
- Works to make sure the grounds and facilities are looking and running there best. Several grounds staff also help run afternoon activities like the Zipline, Manizoomie, and Paintball.
- Maintain and provide a safe environment for campers at our pool. Camp Manitoumi provides Red Cross Lifeguard Certification training free of charge for those working at the pool. Lifeguards help assist the Grounds staff and with other cleaning responsibilities.
- Assist the Program Director in running games and other activities. Help with audio/visuals during chapel time. Assist counselors in their daily responsibilities.
- Assisting with photography and videography, documenting each week. Help maintain a social media presence.
Click Here to to get more information!!